[wplug] fsck options

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Fri May 30 12:41:52 EDT 2008

So my system decided to autorun fsck after 30 or so mounts on my ubuntu
system and it failed. I don't have the error in front of me but it basically
said I need to run it manually with the drive unmounted. I'm going to boot
from a livecd but my question is regarding the command line options. After
reading the man page it seems fsck -y /dev/sda is all I need. Is this
correct? I also noticed a few derivatives of fsck (i.e. e2fsck, etc). Is
there a different command which would be better suited to my ext3
filesystem?

Thanks.
Arnaud-