[wplug] video management portals (slightly OT)

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Sat May 24 13:06:03 EDT 2008

DK wrote:
>> I've looked around at some of the common portal packages, such as Joomla
>> and Plone and haven't found a good plugin for what we need.  Anyone know of
>> one that works well?  Otherwise, we'll end up using Microsoft Interactive
>> Media Manager or something like that.  I figure I'd ask if someone knew of
>> an OSS solution first.
>
> OSS stuff:
> http://www.montala.net/resourcespace.php
> http://plone.org/products/plumi (would likely require work for production use)
> http://plone.org/products/plone4artistsvideo (ditto)
>
> Some possible commercial alternatives:
> http://www.canto.com/
> http://www.telestream.net/
> http://www.qumu.com/products/vod-manager.htm
> http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/videocharger/

Dave,

Great suggestions, not being completely familiar with the field, I wasn't
quite sure of what the magic google juice phrases were.  The plone things
look like they need a bit too much work but ResourceSpace is interesting.
Haven't gotten it to work yet, but could be quite nice.

Thanks for the pointers!

--Patrick