[wplug] Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) and Virtualbox Windows XP guest

Sam Al-Droubi saldroubi at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 17:05:04 EDT 2008

Patrick Wagstrom <patrick at wagstrom.net> wrote: Sam Al-Droubi wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been running Ubuntu 7.10 as host and Windows XP as guest under
> Virtualbox.  I am considering an upgrade to Ubuntu 8.04 but wanted to
> know first if anyone has done this with success?

VirtualBox works just fine in Hardy.  There were some issues with USB in
the older version, but I think 1.6 (released last week) has fixed those issues.

Works like a charm.  No annoying third party kernel patches or anything
like that.  Just visit virtualbox.org, grab the hardy deb file, and off you
go.  Pretty. Frickin. Sweet.

--Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the information.  Can I upgrade from Virtualbox 1.5.6 to 1.6 or do I need to uninstall 1.5.6 and then install 1.6?

Sincerely,
Sam Al-Droubi, M.S.
saldroubi at yahoo.com