[wplug] municipal networks in PA

Sam Al-Droubi saldroubi at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 15:29:26 EDT 2008

Has anyone heard about this: http://www.google.com/tisp/index.html

I thought it was a joke initially.

Here is how it works: http://www.google.com/tisp/install.html

Drew from Zhrodague <drew at zhrodague.net> wrote: > Whatever happened to pghwireless.org or whatever your site was?

  http://www.pghwireless.net

  Hay, Kim! It's still kick'n, but there's not much news going on
here in Pittsburgh. I'll prolly post some DIY pictures when I figure out
how to power some of these WRTs and start populating Tree #2.

  Otherwise, there seems to be a complete lack of interest. All of
the WiFi companies I've heard of (Helium, Hobnob, Go, etc) have all gone
to other cities, or just got out of the business (THG, Telerama).

  S'okay, though. I'll prolly put the stuff up anyway, and try to
SSID-spam downtown. I have a couple of wiring harnesses setup, and the two
WRTs are back home after their robot adventures (WRT54gs from goodwill
work better than Cisco Aeronet 310s -- who knew?).

--

Drew from Zhrodague  http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net  http://www.pghwireless.net

Sincerely,