[wplug] municipal networks in PA

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Thu May 1 16:27:15 EDT 2008

> That is more or less correct.  It was killed with PA House bill 30 in 2004.
>  I wrote some about back in the day:
>
> http://patrick.wagstrom.net/weblog/politics/paHouseBill30.xml
>
> There are some ways around it, but basically, Verizon promised to wire up
> the state 10 years ago, and still haven't done it, yet they keep on getting
> favorable decisions.

 	How 'bout a call to action with localized WiFi action? Is anyone
still interested in linking up via WiFi? I know we've all talked about
this off and on over the years.

 	I own hilltop property now, and have quite a view from top of the
SoSide slopes. I do have some power issues to resolve, but I think I can
provide a hopping point at the very least.

 	Most of my research into antennas has been for HDTV, but lots of
the articles I come across is specific to WiFi.

 	Anyone that is interested, please send me a private message, and
we'll aggregate. I kinda don't want to hijack the WPLUG list. I do want to
finish what I (have tried to get) started, but it is going to require help
from other interested folks. Perhaps some posted flyers on the campuses
would help.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net