[wplug] RAND [was: Von Neumann]

Neal Sofge neal_sofge at rand.org
Thu May 1 14:23:53 EDT 2008

> What exactly does the RAND Corption do?

It's the original public policy think-tank, established in 1948 to
help the Air Force handle science and technology issues.  Since then
the research portfolio has diversified widely, to the point where we
now have a unique spread of work.  See <http://www.rand.org/about/
history/>.

> I hear it mentioned sometimes on C2C in reference to the Illuminati
> and other strangeness

That's likely the legacy of the nuclear warfare research from the
'50s, especially Dr. Strangelove.  As with most natsec stuff, "those
that say don't know, and those that know don't say."

--
Neal Sofge, Web Technology Analyst
RAND Corporation <http://www.rand.org/>

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.