[wplug] Taxes

Bryon Gill bgtrio at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 14:16:40 EDT 2008

Ugh, it stings to be so wrong in public about a detail
like this.  I remember reading a long time ago about
Nixon signing the Postal Reorganization Act, and what
it did was remove the cabinet seat for the Postal
service and made the service effectively an
independent corporation.  It did not, however,
privatize the Post Office.

My point remains though, there's lots of worthwhile
government spending that creates more public wealth
than it consumes (like roads), or addresses critical
needs that the market neglects.  In many ways the
Internet, and access to it, is not so different from
public roads.

=====
What is wrong is that we have invented the technology to eliminate scarcity, but we are deliberately throwing it away
to benefit those who profit from scarcity.
            -John Gilmore
             http://cryptome.org/jg-wwwcp.htm