[wplug] wow

Brian Gollum brig at bidlum.net
Thu May 1 10:19:13 EDT 2008

Greg Simkins wrote:
> I don't want to be uncharitable, but I am not getting much bang for my
> tax dollars - and now I am sure those tax dollars are going to provide
> high quality porn to junkies in public housing and I am paying good
> money to get a fraction of the bandwidth.  I am disgusted.

Greg, YOUR tax dollars are unaffected -- unless you pay taxes in the
City and County of San Francisco. Also, since the housing is being
connected to the pre-existing CCSF network, there is no additional tax
outlay since the government has already paid for the network and its
capacity. The gateway between the CCSF network and the Internet is being
paid for by the Internet Archive, so again no impact on your taxes.

Yes, there is an outlay for the network connection from the individual
units to the central switch, but since this is already mandated by code
for new construction and retrofits, it is already accounted for in the
construction costs.

So, how are you, personally, being directly affected by this?

...b.