[wplug] wow

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Thu May 1 09:28:33 EDT 2008

Hmmm.  Thoughts occur.

    If one antisocial person in public housing watches high-speed porn
instead of  partying that results in a sex crime. I save $60,000 a year in
prison support costs for the term of their  nonexistant sentence. That pays
for a lot of bandwidth. (We don't bother to mention that it saves the
latent victim from a bad experience).

   The Surgeon General's report on porn (1986) wasn't popular with the
then-president Reagan, because it said that readily accessible porn  and
prostitution reduces the number and level of sex crimes in those places
where it's available.  The fact that the results of the study disagreed
with The Great Comminicator's opinion of what the results should be proves
conclusively that the study used "Bad Science".

  When the antisocial persons in public housing aren't watching porn, might
it just be possible that a school-aged person sharing their living quarters
might possibly use the bandwidth to do something that actually educates
them?  I know that I'm still looking for a good overview of the matrix
analysis techniques that John Von Neumann developed for his games theory
papers, and that I might be able to find them if I had better bandwidth.

My $.02

Le Grinch du Connellsville

SUPPORT AMERICAN OIL COMPANYs THAT DON'T IMPORT OIL FROM FOREIGN SOURCES -
-
   (Why? Shouldn't we be using up the foreigners oil first, while it's
cheap, so we still have our own native oil when theirs runs dry?)

             Greg Simkins
             <gregsim at telerama
             Sent by:                  General user list <wplug at wplug.org>
             wplug-bounces+bre                                          cc
             any=csc.com at wplug
             .org                                                  Subject
                                       Re: [wplug] wow

             05/01/2008 08:20
             AM

             Please respond to
             General user list
             <wplug at wplug.org>

  Free Ultra High-Speed Internet to Public Housing

I don't want to be uncharitable, but I am not getting much bang for my
tax dollars - and now I am sure those tax dollars are going to provide
high quality porn to junkies in public housing and I am paying good
money to get a fraction of the bandwidth.  I am disgusted.

Greg