[wplug] Linux imaging

larry at daberko.com larry at daberko.com
Thu Mar 27 13:54:19 EST 2008

Wow, there are some good ideas.  I took some of them and searched and
decided to go with Ghost 4 Linux (g4l).  The directions that I followed
are at http://bhavesh.freeshell.org/cloninghd.html

Pros are bit-by-bit copy.  Cons are that it copies the entire drive,
including the blank spots.

I checked and all the drives are identical.  I did fill the drive with a
big file full of zeros then deleted.  The 80GB drive image shrunk down to
1.3 GB with gzip compression.  Takes less than 30 minutes to install.

I scrounged up a spare box to use as an ftp storage to enable me to do
multiple installs.

I'm confident that things will go smooth tomorrow.  Thanks for all your
suggestions again.

-Larry Daberko