[wplug] wiki experiences

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 07:38:18 EST 2008

At least there is some information there that can latter be improved
and organized by someone who is knowledgeable. Yes, sometimes it is
true that no information is better than bad information, but I think
in the case of a wiki, it's better just to just let people dump
information on there, and designate one or more people to keep content
organized. I've seen this process work really well in many companies.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:36 AM, Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:
> "Michael Semcheski" <mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >

> > Simple question:
>  >
>  > If you had to setup a wiki today, what would you use?
>  >
>  >
>  > Please explain why. :)
>
>  Tiki, because it's really hard to use.
>
>  If you can't understand it, you shouldn't be putting stuff on the wiki.
>
>  I'm serious, I'm frustrated all to hell with wikis that have tons of
>  crappy information with no organization whatsoever.  The wiki is the
>  biggest step _backwards_ in the art/science of information organization
>  I've seen in my lifetime.
>
>  --
>  Bill Moran
>  http://www.potentialtech.com