[wplug] PATH problem with Bash

Gary Morrow gary.morrow at ansys.com
Wed Mar 19 17:31:38 EST 2008

Zach wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Gary Morrow <gary.morrow at ansys.com> wrote:
>
>>  Have you checked to make sure you are actually using bash?
>>

> Yes.
>
> chaos at tellurium:~$ echo $SHELL
> /bin/bash
>
> Zach

I'm a tcsh user myself and I have little experience with ssh but I've
seen similar problems with connecting from Windows using exceed.  If you
don't include the "-ls" flag on the xterm command the session only reads
the system startup files and not the users local dot files.  My
suspicion is that ssh is doing something similar.

I found this suggestion by googling. In ~/.ssh/environment add:
ENV=.bashrc

Gotta head home now.  That's all I've got. Hope it helps.

Gary