[wplug] gcc libraries

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Wed Mar 12 08:32:31 EST 2008

I have several PC's running Fedora Core 6 or 8.  All gcc compilers are as originally installed during the Linux installation.

When I compile programs using gcc libraries such as <math.h> I get "undefined reference" errors for each library function called.

It appears as if the include files are found but the linker is not able to find the libraries.

I have used the compiler to build and install other applications without any problems.  I did not have to adjust the search directories on other Linux installations, any idea what I am doing wrong?

I have also noted that some of the functions seem to be missing.  As an example if I do a man fmod I find that there are three versions fmod, fmodf and fmodl  all requiring math.h.  When I grep math.h it doesn't have any of the fmod functions.  When I grep the include directory, I find fmod only in tgmath.h.

Lawrence A. Weber
Consulting Engineer