[wplug] cores

scoob8000 scoob8000 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:47:56 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:12 PM, terry mcintyre <terrymcintyre at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I found a 32-bit version of firefox for ubuntu, which
>  lets me run Flash ( still only available in 32 bits ).
>  There is some sort of wrapper which I tried, that
>  permits 64-bit firefox to run Flash, but it broke
>  every time firefox was upgraded. Using a 32-bit
>  version of firefox seems to be more robust.

I know it's been discussed many times over, but do you notice any performance
hit running a 64bit kernel and a mixture of 32/64 bit apps?

Zach,
There's no real significant price break between 32 and 64 bit procs.
I can't speak for Intel as I'm
and AMD fanboy, but all current (K8) AMD processors are 64 bit.

-Mike