[wplug] Verizon FIOS experience with Linux?

David Tessitor davetessitor at pghfree.net
Sun Jun 29 21:04:31 EDT 2008

I believe I said FIOS for the Internet is great (except for their email
handling).  It's that they have their phone service and the billing for
it all messed up.  Once a person is off the copper for phone service it
is very difficult to get back to it.  Every time I tell a FIOS rep that
I want the phones off of FIOS, they give me a big run around or quickly
hang up.  It is beginning to look as though I may have to go back to
Comcast for Internet and phone service just so I can get Verizon to take
out the FIOS and then go back to copper for phones before eventually at
some point in the distant future getting FIOS again for Internet only.
All I want is to get the phones off FIOS.  I can easily switch the
copper back in the block outside, but Verizon won't cooperate on their
end.

Dave