[wplug] WRT54G v8 Hack

Max Putas maxblaze at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 20:27:33 EDT 2008

Honestly, I would just cut your losses and buy a couple of WRT54GL's.
I've this model with DD-WRT v23 SP1 for both residential and small
business installations and it's been extremely solid. As the old
saying goes, time is money. You'll most likely end up a lot more money
in terms of man hours getting a less-capable AP working the way you
want to (not to mention the down time if it runs out of memory) than
just going with better hardware for not a whole lot of money.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 8:09 AM, DK <wplug at curlynoodle.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the commentary.  I loaded DD-WRT micro on my
> WRT54G v8.  It seems to work surprisingly well.  I am somewhat
> concerned that the memory usage runs at 93-96% with the device
> configured as an AP only.  Anyone have experience with trimming
> services from this distro to free up some memory?
>
> Dave

Thanks,

Max Putas