[wplug] [ANN] June Pittsburgh Coding Dojo

Greg Akins angrygreg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:26:00 EDT 2008

The June Pittsburgh Coding Dojo will be held Thusday June 26th at
6:00PM at the Pittsburgh Tech Council.

Directions to the council are at http://pghtech.org  Unfortunately,
pghcodingdojo.org is temporarily unavailable.

This month we'll work on creating a domain specific language for
programmatic creation of HTML formatted output.  The idea is a library
you could embed and use rather than using a code-in-template library,
or having to do lots of print("<a href=\"http://pghcodingdojo.org/\">)
style coding.  This is a problem that lends itself to some languages
features than others, so we'll also look to see how people approach
the problem in different languages.

Some reading on the subject:

http://gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-an-html-generation-library-the-interpreter.html

http://gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-an-html-generation-library-the-compiler.html