[wplug] redo wplug's annual picnic?

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 23:01:04 EDT 2008

Thanks to all who replied.

We decided to hold a picnic in May because it is difficult to hold
meetings on campus during finals/graduation season. While it did not
rain it was quite windy and cold. May is too early. We will have to do
something else about meeting space in May. In 2009 we will hold our
picnic late in the summer with better advertisement.

The picnic annual traditionally has been about getting local Linux
users and their families together for fun. This especially includes
young children. It really was great to see the kids on the swing sets
and members challenging members to a game of hoops. All of this stuff
requires good weather. Unfortunately due to weather the last two
annual picnics have been a wash.

To this end, I am interested in organizing a weather-resistant
family-friendly social event in 2008. If I hear a loud cry for picnic,
then perhaps we'll try it again this year but I think at this point
bowling may be a safer bet. Please let me know your comments off-list.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn Eicher