[wplug] [wplug-announce] Table Topics: Please Won't You Be My Neighbor? 6/19 7pm McKnight RD Panera

Beth Lynn Eicher bethlynneicher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:56:18 EDT 2008

Western PA Linux User Group will be meeting in the on Thursday June 19
at Panera Bread in the North Hills on McKnight Road at
7:00pm until 9pm. All are welcome. RSVP not required.

The topic will be "Please Won't You Be My Neighbor?" The meeting
facilitator will be Beth Lynn Eicher.

"Table Topics" meetings are a relaxed environment where we discuss
current Linux and Open Source issues. A facilitator picks a topic and
prepares questions for those gathered to generate conversation. New
Linux users and the curious are encouraged to attend.

"Please Won't You Be My  Neighbor?"
If Open Source is a community, then are you a neighbor or a hermit?
Everyone regardless of experience level and skill set is a potential
asset. We will discuss ideas for contributions to the open source
community. If it takes a village to raise a child, how many mentors
does it take to turn a new Linux user into a guru? What brings you to
the neighborhood of Linux? What makes you stay? Can we continue to
count on the same volunteers until they burn-out? How can a Linux user
group, an open source software project, or a Linux distribution evolve
to meet today's business and personal needs. Ask not what your FLOSS
can do for you, ask what you can do for your FLOSS!

Get Directions online to Panera Bread 7217 McKnight Road Pittsburgh, PA 15237:
http://www.wplug.org/w/index.php/PaneraNH

Hope to see you there!

Beth Lynn Eicher

Learn more about this meeting and discussion on the wiki
http://www.wplug.org/w/index.php/Meeting-20080619