[wplug] redo wplug's annual picnic?

David J. Pryke david-wplug at pryke.us
Tue Jun 10 09:45:22 EDT 2008

Beth Lynn Eicher wrote:
> WPLUG had an annual picnic on Sunday May 25. The weather and
> attendance was lousy.
>
> Was it too early for the picnic?
> Did you just not know about it?
> Does rain or wind make you decide to stay home?
> Were you at home watching the Penguin game?
> Did you lose your jello mold?
> Is the park in Whitehall overdone?
> If we did a picnic re-do in August, would you and your family show?
>
> Feel free to respond on or off list.
>
> Thanks,
> Beth Lynn Eicher

The original announcement of the picnic did surprise me for how early it was
in the year compared to last year's picnic (which I didn't attend, but read
about after the fact,) but the early date didn't bother me.

Of course, dry & warm weather is preferable for a picnic, but I was still
intending to come despite the cool & wet day.  Unfortunately for me, I had a
plumbing problem at home that took my bath & shower out of commission, so I
had to fix that ASAP for my family's sake.

If another picnic was scheduled for this year, my family and I would
definitely try to show, though I know this is a busy summer for us, making
it difficult to give any kind of firm answer.

--
Thanks,

David J. Pryke