[wplug] Linux questions for a job submitted - HR catches the person

David J. Pryke david-wplug at pryke.us
Thu Jul 31 07:56:59 EDT 2008

DK wrote:
> If he really did "want to check his answers", he should have posted them.
>
> Are there any gurus in the group that can answer all 20 questions
> WITHOUT reference?
>
>** SNIPPED ***
>
> Just curious,
>
> Dave

I just ran through them and could answer all except for the following off
the top of my head (I kept my answers if any want to see them to verify
correctness, but didn't want to ruin the exercise for others):

10. What is the difference between VTP client, server, and transparent
*** I'm not really sure what VTP is off the top of my head...

20. Given a radius server at 10.0.0.2 and a shared key of ‘abc123’ show the
IOS commands necessary to authenticate switch users against the radius
server, while still allowing the use of local username / password pairs
*** It's been ages since I had to deal with this...would definitely have to
look it up

*** And my answer to number 16 regarding PPP/OSI layer was incorrect - I
just checked.
--
Thanks,

David J. Pryke