[wplug] Embedded Linux Systems

Moshe Hyzon mokatz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:43:38 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  We're going to try the
Soekris boxes (https://www.soekris.com/), as they are x86, have a
builtin CF slot, AND have a real PCI slot, too, so we can pop a linux
compatible PCI modem in there.

They even have VPN/SSL offload engines on mini PCI cards if we needed,
but we're not going to push that kind of throughput.

They also have a nice development mailing list and decent
documentation online and seem set up to handle both hobbyists and S/M
businesses (ie people not ordering in the 100s of units. :P)

Moshe