[wplug] domain question

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Sun Jul 20 16:17:18 EDT 2008

> The tone of this discussion seems to have changed a little.  I'm still
> curious though:  Is there an advantage to Google Apps over gmail?  Do
> you get anything besides having your own domain at the end of your
> email address, and a wider array of names to choose from?
>
> As an example, I can share calendars, documents, and chat with other
> gmail users.  Does anyone use the Google Sites?  Is that easy enough
> for a non-technical person to use?

Google Apps (and the included services such as mail, calendar, docs,
pages, etc.) is for teams or groups unified under a private domain
name.  Apps allows the group to name users to administer the service.
Can an individual do the same things with just a Google account?
Sure, only you can not use a private domain name.

I currently use Apps for curlynoodle.com, and I agree that it is an
excellent service for the price (free).  Do I really need a full Apps
account?  No, because I only have two user accounts  for myself and my
wife.

Dave