[wplug] domain question

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 15:36:26 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Michael Semcheski
<mhsemcheski at gmail.com> wrote:
>> For me, and for many other people, Google Apps just works.  And thus far,
>> you haven't provided a reason why such a feature would be handy on a mail,
>>  calendar, or chat server.
>
> If you're wary of third parties snooping all of your mail...
>
> If you strive to provide better support to family / friends /
> associates / customers than Google does...  (Find me the number to
> call for support for Google Apps?  That's not free.)

The tone of this discussion seems to have changed a little.  I'm still
curious though:  Is there an advantage to Google Apps over gmail?  Do
you get anything besides having your own domain at the end of your
email address, and a wider array of names to choose from?

As an example, I can share calendars, documents, and chat with other
gmail users.  Does anyone use the Google Sites?  Is that easy enough
for a non-technical person to use?