[wplug] domain question

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 19:28:40 EDT 2008

> Yeah, you don't get the experience of setting everything up, but do you
> really want that experience?  All of the startups that I've got good
> knowledge of use Google Apps to.  I'm not so sure that those are skills you
> really would want to build anyway.

Once you have everything setup?  Its good to know how it all works --
if for no other reason than that if you know how it all works, you can
use it more effectively.

Also, if you have a server that you can ssh to anywhere, it comes in
_really_ handy.

> Anyway, that's my experience.  NearlyFreeSpeech, DynDNS, and Google Apps
> have been awesome for me.

My question about Google Apps -- is there any advantage to Google Apps
over GMail?  Or is it basically just a gmail account with a custom
domain?