[wplug] domain question

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 22:14:15 EDT 2008

A couple of things about domain registration:

1) If you register a domain for a year, and after a year you don't
renew it, you can kiss it good bye.  People snap up expiring domains
and setup add aggregator sites.  Its pretty annoying.  So if you
register a domain, plan on keeping it registered in perpetuity.

2) Registration essentially allows you to say which DNS servers are
the authoritative ones for your domain.  Don't assume you are getting
someone to answer DNS queries for your domain by registering a name.