[wplug] Mailman and Postfix

Jonathan S. Billings wbanguna at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:45:33 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 06:34:53AM -0500, Jonathan S. Billings wrote:
> First, install postfix and Mailman on linode.  I suggest copying over
> everything in /var/mailman from penguin to linode.  This will get the
> archives and list configurations in place.  Hopefully, the version of
> mailman on linode will just accept the configuration from penguin,
> otherwise you're probably going to have to copy over configurations
> bit-by-bit.

After looking at some of the documentation, it looks like you should
just copy over the /var/mailman/lists and the
/var/mailman/archives/private directories and their contents.  I
suggest keeping a full copy of penguin:/var/mailman on linode, but I
think you'll only need the aforementioned configuration and archive
files.

Run /var/mailman/bin/check_perms -f to check and fix any permissions
problems after you've put the files in place.

Then, use the /var/mailman/bin/list_lists -b to list the lists, and
then run the command G.Pitman suggested on each list.  After this has
been completed, you can start up mailman, and start testing it.

--
Jonathan Billings <wbanguna at gmail.com>