[wplug] Perl script - need help

Mark Griskey mark at linuxhardware.net
Wed Jan 23 18:37:18 EST 2008

Michael Semcheski wrote:
>> First probem:
>> The ip and browser type etc are printed out in the browser on one line
>> with no newline yet I included "\n\n"
>
> Browsers respect HTML, not line feeds.  Try adding a <br/>.

My preference is to use <br/>\n.  This way, if you ever view the HTML
source from the browser, it will not be on one long line, but rather
break in appropriate places.  I knew a developer who this was lost on,
and while trying to troubleshoot a somewhat complex dynamic HTML page,
the source was one 5,300+ character line!!!!!!!  For an example, anyone
using google analytics, check out ga.js, they intentionally left out the
line breaks, it will make you nuts. LOL