[wplug] Highpoint Rocket 100 IDE ATA disk controller card

Jonathan S. Billings wbanguna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 09:17:23 EST 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 04:36:04AM -0800, Sam Al-Droubi wrote:
> I have the latest disk controller Bios installed.  The bootloader is
> not failing, it is at the OS level.  If I don't attach a drive to the
> controller card then it is recognized by Ubuntu and I can see it in
> the hardware information.  The disk drive is fine because it is brand
> new and I have tested it by attaching to the disk controller of the
> motherboard itself.  Hightpoint is not returning my calls or
> resposnding to my emails.  Their support seems to be terrible so far.
> At this point, I am ready to buy another disk controller card, any
> recommendations that will work with Ubuntu 7.10?

Another controller might not be the solution if you don't address
the problem.

What exactly happens when you say the OS hangs.  Is there any error
that is displayed?  What is the last thing you see before it hangs?
Have you done anything to try to debug the situation?  Are you booting
in text mode with a fully verbose boot?

--
Jonathan Billings <wbanguna at gmail.com>