[wplug] Highpoint Rocket 100 IDE ATA disk controller card

Jonathan S. Billings wbanguna at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 14:44:05 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 06:56:16PM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> First try to install with the drive installed and don't remove
> it.  If that fails, look on Ubuntu's supported card list or
> try to RMA the card (if it's supported).  Good luck!

I'm fairly certain that there has been in-kernel support for the
Highpoint RocketRAID 100 cards since the 2.4 series.  I remember using
them in older systems that only had ATA66 IDE and they wanted to use
newer, faster disks.

Most likely the problem is either bad hardware, cables or disk order
issues.

--
Jonathan Billings <wbanguna at gmail.com>