[wplug] Highpoint Rocket 100 IDE ATA disk controller card

Sam Al-Droubi saldroubi at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 11:29:01 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I was unsuccessful in using the Rocket 100 Controller card (http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/r100.htm) with Linux Open Suse 10.3 or Ubuntu 7.10.  Here is what is happening:

I have a bootable driver attached to the motherboard controller.  When I installed the Rockect 100 with no disks attached to it, it was recognized by the system and the Rocket 100 BIOS showed up.  The machine will boot with the bootable disk attached to the motherboard. When I attached a disk drive to the Rocket 100, the Linux (either  Opensuse or  Ubuntu) will hang. It seems the OpenSuse and Ubuntu recognize the Rocket 100 Controller but when a drive is attached to the controller, the OS hangs.

Any idea what I should do?  If not does can anyone recommend a card that will work with Ubuntu right out of the box?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Sam Al-Droubi, M.S.
saldroubi at yahoo.com