[wplug] Recording streaming music?

Logan asciiaardvark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:59:50 EST 2008

There's this neat program called Streamripper...

It rips to the format of the stream (probably MP3 or AAC), which I
presume you could convert to OGG.
But from my understanding of the matter MP3 and OGG are lossy in
different ways, so MP3->OGG conversion will end up with poorer audio
quality and you're better off leaving it as MP3 :-(

Legal disclaimer: I believe this is covered under the same argument as
VHS time shifting. To my knowledge there is no legal precedent for
personal-use archiving - TV, Radio, Shoutcast, or otherwise. IANAL,
YMMV, ETC

-Logan