[wplug] Web Hosting with Mono

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Fri Jan 4 12:01:28 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a new design for my company's website, using
mostly PHP.  However, today during our monthly status meeting, our
senior software developer recommended that we use ASP.Net.  His
argument is that our company has three programmers (myself, him and
another staff) familiar with the language, however only I have
practical experience with Apache, PHP and MySQL.

While I would prefer continuing with the 100% open source solution, I
cannot deny it would be nice to have some help to get the new design
finished and then adequately maintained.

As a compromise, I thought we could use a web host that supports Mono
(http://www.mono-project.com/) while still allowing us to use the
MySQL database I have created.

Has anyone had experience with GrokThis (http://www.grokthis.net/) or
another host that supports Mono?  Has anyone has experience, good or
bad, using Mono?

Thanks,
Dave