[wplug] Wireless Site Survey

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Thu Feb 28 14:04:06 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,

I need to build an inexpensive site survey system to troubleshoot a
WLAN at a customer plant.  Currently, IT is (sort-of) supporting me in
this venture, however they are stretched rather thin and can not
dedicate adequate time to my project.

I found the Ubiquiti Networks SuperRange Cardbus device providing
802.11a/b/g support and featuring external antenna connections.  Has
anyone had experience with Ubiquiti products?

Does anyone know of any low to moderately priced software tools, i.e.
< $500, providing good site survey functions?

Dave