[wplug] screen resolution problem

Mike Sussman sussmanm at math.pitt.edu
Thu Feb 28 13:33:51 EST 2008

Zach,

I have found several cases where newer systems do not do as good a job
on the xorg.conf file as older systems.  In those cases, I have had good
luck just copying the older file to the newer system.

some Ubuntu systems this kills your login session and returns you to the
graphical login screen.  On some Ubuntu systems it returns you to a
black screen and you have to start up xdm or kdm or gdm yourself.
--
                        Mike Sussman
                        sussmanm at math.pitt.edu