[wplug] VmWare

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:12:36 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Sam Al-Droubi <saldroubi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have used both vmware server, vmware workstation and virtualbox.  I
> found that virtualbox was easier to setup on both Windows and Linux hosts.
> Additionally, I feel that virtualbox performs better than vmware but I did
> not benchmark this myself.  Lastly, virtualbox is open-source.   Check out
> this link for benchmark results if you are interested:
>
> http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=257727

I don't see any real benchmarks, just people saying what felt faster and
whatnot.

http://www.linux-gamers.net/smartsection.item.56/virtualbox-vs-qemu.html has
numbers.  The bold numbers tell you who wins.  Looks like Qemu still wins on
most of them, but the ones where it loses, it loses *bad*.  If you don't
need graphics, Qemu might be best.  Virtualbox is the fastest on graphics,
though.  VMWare just plain sucks.  It won in one event, and that was
Download Speed.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169