[wplug] flash player crashing in firefox

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:55:25 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Justin Ehrlichman <jeman062383 at aol.com> wrote:
>  I am running PClinuxOS 2007 and I am having some issues with flash. It
>  seems to crash intermitently when viewing youtube videos. I am running
>  firefox version 2.0.0.12 and downloaded version 9.0.115.0 of flash from
>  adobe's website. Has anyone every run into something like this?

Yeah, I had the exact same problem on my older installation, the
latest version of Flash in Firefox 1.5.0.xx on Fedora Core 4. I
recently upgraded to Fedora 8 and Firefox 2.0.0.xx. Flash is still a
lot more stable, but it still crashes after awhile when I try to close
a YouTube tab.

I don't have a workaround, either. So my advice is:
* Close FF often. The crash only occurs after closing a lot of tabs
with Flash in them.
* Try installing a Flash-blocking extension to prevent Flash from
running more than you need it to.

I haven't tried Gnash, but maybe I should. If you try it and have
success with it, let us know!

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>