[wplug] GNOME CD-Master: Houston, Do I Have A Problem?

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Sat Feb 16 13:22:43 EST 2008

> THREE MINUTES LATER...

Run whatever command the menu is exec()'ing manually from your xterm
prompt.  Optionally run that in front of strace(8).

I get a similar problem on my laptop when dhclient changes the hostname
after switching from Wifi<->Wired Ethernet.

After that, it akes about 180 seconds for new Xorg clients to display on
the screen.

I just assume that the flunkies at Redhat and GNOME.org got together and
discovered an all new & creative way to screw up the X11 system.  It
likely has to do with XSession-Cookies as well.

~BAS