[wplug] GNOME CD-Master: Houston, Do I Have A Problem?

Diana A Clarion dclarion at fnordnet.net
Sat Feb 16 12:58:39 EST 2008

I'm curious about something:  I'm running Ubuntu 7.04 (I haven't gone to
7.10 because I'm not a fan of the GIMP version that comes with it, and I
use the GIMP a LOT).  I found the need to erase CD-RWs before writing to
them with cdrdao, so I installed GNOME CD-Master.  Trouble is that it
takes several minutes (yes, minutes) for the program to come up after
invoking it from the menu.  I'll get the little "Starting GNOME
CD-Master" in the taskbar, then it goes away.

THREE MINUTES LATER...

Here comes the pane asking me what I want to do with the CD.  Everything
else is working fine, so I putatively rule out hardware problems (but
you never know).  Do I need to find and screw around with a conf file
somewhere?

Thanks craploads, now I'll get back to overhauling my router.

DAC
--
Diana A. Clarion, Goddess of the Network:
http://www.fnordnet.net/~dclarion/

Buy My Pretty Pictures, Maybe?
http://dianaclarion.etsy.com/