[wplug] DSL prep

Neal Sofge neal_sofge at rand.org
Thu Feb 7 16:08:10 EST 2008

> How would I test to see if it supports bridge mode and how would I
> enable it?

Depends on the hardware.  Check the manual or dslreports.com etc.

> Bridge means two network devices on different networks are able to
> talk to pass information?

In this context, it's that the modem won't be doing NAT or PPPoE or
anything else to the IP-level stuff going over it.  It just changes
phone line signals into Ethernet signals, and that way you can do
whatever you need to via a single configuration interface in your
cheap router.

--
Neal Sofge, Web Technology Analyst
RAND Corporation <http://www.rand.org/>

may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.