[wplug] pf and openbsd

Robert L. Jeffries rl_jeffries at comcast.net
Wed Feb 6 22:13:39 EST 2008

Not sure if I'd be able to make it to a tutorial, but here's some
resources I've found helpful with OpenBSD Pf.

one of the best written free resources
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html

and once your done with that and you want to have two or more pf
firewalls running as a failover cluster...
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/carp.html

Ryan McBride's site is also very helpful. One of the first to cover this
feature.
http://www.countersiege.com/doc/pfsync-carp/

several books are out there too, Absolute OpenBSD..., Building Firewalls
with OpenBSD and Pf, the OpenBSD PF Packet Filter book. All really good
books that I picked up when I wanted to dig more into OpenBSD and Pf.

-rob