[wplug] SOLVED: Verizon DSL with Linksys RV042

Will Rodina wrodina at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 11:40:23 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:56 PM, DK <wplug at curlynoodle.com> wrote:

> As I wrote, it was truly a no-brainier.  I found a manual for the
> Westell 6100F which led me to the appropriate setting.
>
> FYI, Verizon absolutely SUCKS.  I don't want to start the usual telco
> flaming, but really this is something that tech support could have
> easily told me.

Well... what was the magic setting you had to adjust? :)

For what it's worth, I have had Verizon DSL for over 2 years now and never
had any trouble with them at all. The one or two times I have had to call
the tech support, they were very helpful and competent. I have also set up
all sorts of different hardware and distros as firewall/router boxes and it
has worked flawlessly with whatever I hook it up to. No complaints here.