[wplug] Lost X server

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Thu Dec 18 07:05:48 EST 2008

Well I deleted xorg.conf and retried 'startx'.  This time it worked and
the system started the gnome desktop for root.  When I logged out it
took me back to the text screen.  I restarted the pc and it booted to x
and when I logged in as a user it properly start gnome.  Great, thanks
for the help.  Only question remaining is /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not
exist, only the backup I created???