[wplug] Samba Help - RESOLVED

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 10:55:39 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Chris Romano <romano.chris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Andrew Fisk <andy at spitcomp.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 6, 2008, at Saturday, December 6, 20086:52 PM, Chris Romano
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm having some problems get a Samba 3.0 server setup.  I've been
>>> searching both on list and on google for a solution but haven't found
>>> one for my yet.
>>>
>>> I have a win2003 server running a domain and I'm trying to get the
>>> samba box (centos 5.0) to share files with the windows domain.
>>>
>>> I can "see" the server in My Network Places but if I double click the
>>> server, I receive the following error:
>>> \\Linux_server is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
>>> this network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to
>>> find out if you have access permissions.
>>>
>>> The network path was not found
>>>
>>> If you use "run" : \\192.168.16.106\adm, I get this error:
>>> The network path was not found
>>>
>>> Here is my smb.conf file
>>>

>>> I have all the users setup locally and in smbusers.
>>>
>>> I can ssh from the windows box to the linux box and both boxes can
>>> ping each other.
>>>
>> You didn't say what you were trying to connect from but here are some
>> things that might help.
>>
>> If you are trying to connect from XP change this with regedit.
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon
>> \parameters "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000
>>
>> Did you join the linux machine to the domain?
>>
>> Figure out if your windows machine is running Active Directory or is a
>> "traditional" NT domain services and the I think ADS join or smbpasswd
>> -j (with the rest of the required info).
>

> I've been trying to access from the Win2003 server that is running AD
> and is the domain controller

I've resolved the issue ... kind of.  The access denied issue is
because a selinux permission.  If I turn it Permissive, than
everything works fine.  I just need to find the right switch

Thanks

--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin