[wplug] Internet File Sharing

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Wed Dec 3 09:55:21 EST 2008

Hello All,

One of my managers is complaining to me about our "new and improved"
email service.  I recently switched our service to Pair Networks,
which IMO is a huge improvement over our old crappy service.

Unfortunately for me, management has become use to having the ability
to send and receive email messages having essentially no size limit.
Pair just informed me that they impose a global message size limit of
20MB on incoming messages and 10MB on outgoing messages sent via their
SMTP relay.

I rarely, if ever, use email to distribute large files.  Others in my
group, use email attachments for anything and everything.

So, my question is, does anyone know of a user-friendly server
application (PHP or ASP) or hosted service which will allow users to
login and upload files (up to 100MB) then generate a download URL
which can then be emailed to a third party.

I have seen some online storage services, but are typically too costly
and (if you can believe it) too complicated for less technical users.

Thanks,
Dave