[wplug] Any thoughts on Alpha 400 MIPS Linux Ultralite Notebook

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Thu Aug 28 19:19:30 EDT 2008

I have found that el-cheapo hardware is rarely worth it.  For example,
I will never buy anything from IOGear again.  I have been through two
KVMs and two bluetooth adapters.

Realize too, the Alpha 400 uses a RISC processor.  So unless there are
projects targeted for this CPU, you better hope all of the preloaded
applications work well.

Also, what is with the note: "Supports file sizes up to 8MB."

In my opinion, the EEE PC would likely be a better choice.

Dave