[wplug] wplug presentations

DK wplug at curlynoodle.com
Wed Aug 27 19:35:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Zach Uram <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also what happened to the regular WPLUG website? It seems to have been
> replaced by a wiki.
>
> I feel wikis have their place but not as the frontpage of a site.

Back in 2007, the WPLUG Internet committee was tasked with migrating
Internet services to a virtual private server allowing for more
efficient administration than we had with our old server.

The migration also involved replacing the aging AOLServer.  Since
WPLUG already had a wiki, it was decided (after considerable
discussion both in committee and with the WPLUG community) to use
MediaWiki and import the existing content.

It might not be the fanciest site, but it is definitely functional for
the organization.

Dave