[wplug] SciTE Users?

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 16:53:57 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Weber, Lawrence A <laweber at switch.com> wrote:
> I am using SCIntilla - SciTE editor on both Linux and Windows PC's.  Works
> fine but am having problems formatting my Linux printouts.  The pages have
> headers and footers and a banner containing the time, filename, and page
> information.  The SciTE information says that the editor cannot format
> headers/footers/banners with GTk+.

That requires a little explanation. SciTE on Windows uses the same API
to draw and print. In GTK+, SciTE sends files to an external program
to print.

>  My printer is set for no banners and no
> footers.  These banners only appear with SciTE printouts but then again I
> don't print much from other applications.

> Does anyone have any idea where this formatting information is coming from?

The banners are coming from the program that prints for SciTE. Look in
your config files for something that looks like this:
command.print.*=a2ps $(FileNameExt)

It's using a2ps to print your files. It's a2ps that puts those banners
on your printouts.

I don't know a2ps very well, but in the past, I've used the man pages
for a2ps to get the output looking the way I like it to look. I've not
used SciTE in awhile, so I can't offer any snippets to help you with
that. But if I can do it, it can't be that hard to figure out.

> The Linux printouts also use some really ugly fonts and sizes.

Your config files have font and size settings. You can edit those at
the same time.

Hope that helps.
--
-- Dave O