[wplug] Chinese console fonts?

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Aug 15 12:07:49 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 08:06:08AM -0400, Zach Uram wrote:
> Ok I will look into that. Here is my download script:
> http://www.jesujuva.org/bob/bob.sh

So, the URL in that produces:

% curl -s --head http://www.dajun.com.cn/kaimushi.htm|grep ^Content-Type

> Here is the garbled page after it downloads it:
> http://www.jesujuva.org/bob/www.dajun.com.cn/kaimushi.htm

This, on the other hand, produces:

% curl -s --head http://www.jesujuva.org/bob/www.dajun.com.cn/kaimushi.htm|grep ^Content-Type

So, your web server is explicitly telling the web browser that this
URL is in the iso-8859-1 charset.  The original URL doesn't have that,
but the html has this in it:

So without the server saying what character set it is, the html file
has given that information to the browser.