[wplug] Software Freedom Day 2008

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 11:44:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Zach Uram <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am ambivalent on these open CDs which package FOSS for MS Windows.
> On one hand I am glad people get exposed to FOSS and realize it can be
> high quality, but I am worried this is a crutch which will keep them
> using MS Windows longer. Let them get frustrated with MS Windows and
> then move to Linux :-)

But then again it can be a stepping stone.  Switching OSes can be
scary, but if you know that applications with which you are familiar
will be there, it's less scary.  If you use Firefox, OOo, Gimp, etc.
on Windows, switching to Linux doesn't seem so drastic since you
already know how to use the apps.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
Linux User #432169